February 12 - 14, 2018
Eden Roc Hotel, Miami FL.
Contact Us: 44 (0) 207 367 9576
FX eTrading Evaluation Day
Buy Side Only
9:20 am - 10:00 am Registration & Networking Brunch
10:00 am - 10:05 am Welcome Address: Oliver Kirkbright
10:10 am - 10:40 am All Star Panel: Striking the right balance when adopting new electronic trading tools- How are leading buy side firms using different trading protocols and incorporating them into their workflow to drive down costs?Michael Koegler, Principal,ViableMKTS Isaac Lieberman, President and CEO,Aston Capital Management Brad Bailey, Research Director,Celent
ü Compare and contrast- What are the pros and cons of different types of FX trading protocols available to the buy side?
ü Execution beyond RFQ- Where is the future of electronic trading heading with new innovations across SDP and MDPs?
ü In an RFQ dominated market, is the market structure and technology ready for a dominant Central Limit Order Book (CLOB) model?
ü Disclosed vs. anonymous- Is the need for relationship based trading growing with more flash crashes and increasingly stressed market conditions?
How can a consolidation be brought amongst trading venues and protocols without stifling open and fair competition to bring a more efficient market for all?
Isaac LiebermanPresident and CEO
Aston Capital Management
Brad BaileyResearch Director
10:40 am - 11:00 am Keynote Presentation: The state of play in FX markets- What are the latest innovations that are changing the way in which you interface with the market, source liquidity and execute your trades?Dr. Petra Wikström, Global Head of Execution & Alpha Solutions ,BNP Paribas
- Assessing the global implications of MiFID II - what impact is this set to have on buy side execution management in the US
- Liquidity through the lens – zooming in on 2017 volumes and the factors that influence liquidity, and what you can expect in 2018
- Adapting and streamlining your execution processes - what tools and technology are available to refine the decision making process
- The cross-asset view - how are execution models aligning across different assets to facilitate a more uniform execution process
Dr. Petra WikströmGlobal Head of Execution & Alpha Solutions
11:00 am - 12:30 pm Platform Presentations: What new trading protocols and technology is each platform promoting and how can you best leverage these capabilities to improve your access to liquidity?Michael Koegler, Principal,ViableMKTS
Listen to a 10 minute innovation pitch from each platform to fully understand:
- Headline view on trading protocols and technology promoted
- What are their unique selling points
- What have been the latest buy side adoption rates
- What challenges of yours they can help you solve
12:30 pm - 1:30 pm Networking Lunch Break Hosted by BNP Paribas
1:30 pm - 3:35 pm Drill Down Roundtables: Evaluate the newest –FX etrading offerings with your peers to understand who is best placed to meet your liquidity needs
Break into groups of 8 buy side and sit with each platform on roundtables to engage in an open Q&A discussion with your peers
Each roundtable lasts 15 minutes
3:35 pm - 4:00 pm Networking Afternoon Break
Enhancing Your Technological Capabilities
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm Workshop 1: Advanced Algos- How to establish the best use cases for algos to enrich your execution capabilitiesRalf Donner, Global Head of Client FX Algo Execution,Goldman Sachs
- Algo building blocks- How are they built, how do they work and how do different types of algos trade?
- In what trading scenarios would algos outperform manual execution through minimizing market impact, reducing slippage and hitting the benchmark?
- Generic vs. bespoke- How can you establish the best type of algos for different trading strategies and scenarios?
- How can you identify the areas of greatest risk when using algos and what can you do to minimize these?
- Dynamic optimization and basket algos- What can be developed to take FX algos to the next level and satisfy buy side needs?
Ralf DonnerGlobal Head of Client FX Algo Execution
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm Workshop 2: FX TCA deep dive – How to ensure that your TCA fosters best execution.Zoran Mavrinac, Senior Managing Director,Curex Group Franz Schmidpeter, Managing Director,Curex Group
- Best Execution Is a Process and TCA Only One Phase of It- An in-depth analysis of the critical elements that support best execution
- Data – How to evaluate and rely on sound data
- Pre-Trade Analytics – How to obtain and leverage real-time, valuable, independent decision support
- Execution – The execution itself
- Post-Trade – The art of achieving a fine balance between meeting regulatory requirements and measuring performance against a third-party benchmark
Zoran MavrinacSenior Managing Director
Franz SchmidpeterManaging Director
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm Workshop 3: Navigating the Shifting Liquidity Landscape-Optimizing execution outcomes across electronic and voice venuesEdward Brown, Chief Executive Officer,GTX SEF
- Adapting to regulatory mandates and preparing your trading desk- How are institutions refining execution tactics to fit the current FX landscape?
- Understanding the impact of regulation on liquidity. How are leading firms balancing direct dealing with regulated platform execution?
- Combining electronic and voice execution to optimize trade execution performance-What are keys to identifying the best approach across an expanding array of venues and services?
- Examining new central limit order book models for NDFs, swaps, and forwards. How do SEFs and emerging CLOB models for forwards and swaps trading work, how do they differ from spot FX ECNs and what are the best ways to integrate them into a firm’s portfolio of electronic trading venues?
- Understanding a SEF trade execution requirement. What does it mean and what are the responsibilities for traders?
- 2018 Regulatory Outlook-How could it continue to impact liquidity?
Edward BrownChief Executive Officer