February 11 - 13, 2020
Eden Roc Miami Beach
44 (0) 207 036 1355
Day 1 - Wednesday February 12th
Wednesday, February 12th, 2020
2:20 PM MACRO KEYNOTE - The rise of populism and trade wars: In the President Trump era, how will the US and global political landscape impact financial markets and what can we expect over the next 4 years?
- Assessing the main events of 2019-2020: What impacted your views of investment opportunities and risks in today’s markets?
- With global growth slowing and markets feeling the effects of US/China trade tensions, do central banks have the tools they need to respond?
- With trade wars and tariffs negatively impacting growth what are the implications for FX: should we expect a recession?
- Rise of global populism and investing implications: Is it a good time for investors to adopt more defensive positions and seek out diversified sources of income?
- FX outlook: Solid backdrop, but shall we expect more volatility?
4:20 PM INTERACTIVE PANEL - The case for a bullish or bearish dollar: How will US market drivers influence the return to a stronger USD in 2020?
- How will the 2020 US election impact the dollar and what will the market look like if Trump is re-elected?
- Is the debt market about to be reborn in 2020?
- Euro-dollar pairs: How will these be affected off the back of political instability including Brexit and Trump?