February 11 - 13, 2020
Eden Roc Miami Beach
44 (0) 207 036 1355
Day 1 - Wednesday February 12th
Wednesday, February 12th, 2020
11:00 AM ALL STAR PANEL - The buy and sell side evolution: How can you retain the human touch where needed in an era of increased electronification?
- How can buy and sell side firms influence the natural evolution of FX markets during an era of regulatory reform and electronification?
- How are sell side firms differentiating themselves further than electronification to tailor their service to the buy side needs?
- What are the knock on effects of electronification in FX on the buy and sell side relationship?
- Creating the framework for the future: What can the buy and sell side do to keep personal, tailored and reliable relationships in this new era of automation and electronification?
2:20 PM 360 Perspective - Navigating global FX volatility: What are the best hedging strategies for addressing your currency exposure in 2020 and how can you best implement them?
- What are the consequences of various currency hedging strategies on typical institutional portfolios?
- Long term investing requiring short-term protection: In an era of Trump tweets and an unpredictable environment, how you can use hedging strategies to protect your primary currencies?
- What automated approaches are available to reduce decision friction and timing concerns in your hedging strategy?
- Global hedging strategies: How can you leverage on hedging returns that differ across North America, Europe and Asia?
3:20 PM 360 PERSPECTIVE - The rise of populism, trade wars and geopolitics: How will this impact 2020 investing and how will the global geo-political landscape rebalance itself?
- How has the market dealt with the recent mounting pressures spurred by a growing number of political risk factors?
- What are the indexes showing now in FX and what can we predict over the next 12 months in terms of volatility?
- Regulatory updates: How are regulatory factors like the Volker rule and UMR affecting your investment decisions?
- How can we expect the market to evolve over the next 5 years and how can you position your portfolio to capitalize on these changes?