February 11 - 13, 2020
Eden Roc Miami Beach
44 (0) 207 036 1355
MD, Americas, Global FX Division
Global Financial Markets Association
Day 1 - Wednesday February 12th
Wednesday, February 12th, 2020
3:00 PM 360 PERSPECTIVE - A new era of FX clearing: How can you best prepare for UMR phase 5 (2020) and 6 (2021) and how can the buy side set up a UMR strategy to minimize impact?
- The roadmap for UMR: What are the key milestones you should be aware of up to the final deadline?
- What are the practical hurdles that need to be overcome in time for the deadline?
- Treatment of separately managed accounts- How can you establish which accounts fall under UMR and which do not?
- What the implications are for buy side firms relating to deliverable FX, what the implications are for non-deliverable FX in terms of FX activity, new costs and operational implementation
- Clearing as an alternative solution- outlining the cost vs. efficiency benefits