February 11 - 13, 2020
Eden Roc Miami Beach
44 (0) 207 036 1355
Innovation Day - Tuesday February 11th
9:45 am - 10:25 am Registration & Refreshments: Bites & Bubbles – Welcome Brunch
10:40 am - 10:45 am Welcome Address
10:45 am - 10:50 am Chairperson’s Opening Remarks
9:45 am - 10:45 am Morning Mimosa Masterclass: The journey to low market impact - What are the five secret ingredients to gaining deeper insights into the impact of your trading activities?
- Trader mind-sets - How to set your desks up for success for an efficient FX execution operation?
- Pre-trade information - what are the technology and tools you need to achieve full transparency on your path to best execution
- Anonymity and information leakage - What steps can you take to minimize this?
- Last look or no last look - What standards should the buy side expect?
Franz SchmidpeterSenior Managing Director
NEW FRONTIERS FOR THE BUY SIDE DESK
10:50 am - 11:10 am From buzzwords to action- How can you apply AI and ML today to improve the customer experience, increase the efficiency and accuracy of operational workflows, and enhance performance?
- Defining AI and ML for the buy side - What does this actually mean in today’s terms and where can you implement this throughout your trading and investment processes to gain an edge?
- Minimizing transaction costs and market impact- How to implement AI and ML now on your trading desk to enhance your trade execution
- How can you ensure your AI and ML processes have the appropriate pre-trade controls and real-time ability to monitor systems?
- What controls should you apply to your automated trading processes to ensure prudent governance of your electronic trading?
Stefano PasqualiManaging Director, Head of Liquidity Research
11:10 am - 11:30 am Setting the blueprint for FX TCA: How can you practically use TCA throughout the full trade life-cycle to achieve a positive impact on trades, reduce the bottom line and gain a competitive edge?
- Beyond box ticking: How can you take pre, real-time and post trade TCA to gain a competitive edge?
- How is FX TCA becoming more sophisticated to offer you increased access to liquidity and help you meet your best execution mandates?
- Assessing new metrics in measuring TCA: Are algo’s up to scratch or are there other offerings in the market that can offer more effective analytics?
- The future of FX TCA: What are the next steps in the development of best execution analytics to meet the needs of the modern buy side desk?
Daniel LavigneHead of Trading
Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS)
11:30 am - 11:50 am Evaluating your FX algo effectiveness: How is the buy side usage of algo execution strategies becoming more sophisticated as adoption rates increase and more innovative suites of algos come forward?
- What are the latest innovations in FX algos, how are providers differentiating their offerings and what is the current buy side adoption rate?
- Debunking the myths around commoditised algos: How are providers creating tailored solutions for your cross-currency FX needs?
- Creating a checklist: How to assess the liquidity pools, speed, algo logic and collaboration of algo providers to make a transparent decision on who and when to use?
- Buy side adoption rates: What percentage of buy side are currently using algo’s and for what trades are they most effective for?
11:50 am - 12:05 pm KEYNOTE FIRESIDE CHAT
12:05 pm - 12:40 pm BUY SIDE ROUNDTABLES - Establishing the buy side wish list: 5 questions you should be asking to effectively evaluate new providers to ensure you are fully prepared to decide on the solutions that best meets your FX trading needs
Join your fellow buy side peers to brainstorm on the key ‘do’s and don’ts’ for the innovation day. Split into your respective CTA, asset managers and hedge fund roundtables so you get the opportunity to discuss with those facing similar challenges to your own. Come together and decide the 5 key questions challenges you would like to address with each of the technology providers you will be meeting later in the day to ensure your time is well spent and you can take actionable insights back to the desk.
12:40 pm - 1:10 pm FX FINTECH SHARK TANK - Examining the greatest and latest innovations in FX trading technology: Which offer true added value and should be considered in your future investment plans?
Back by popular demand, our ‘Shark Tank’ style innovation session returns with demo’s from pre-selected technology start-ups who will pitch their innovative tech to a panel of experts and you in the audience. The panel of experts will critique and assess their benefits to your business and their likelihood of future success. You will then have the opportunity to vote for the technology start-up you think is the most innovative and adds real value to your business. Will you find the next big thing?
Nisa AmoilsVenture and Growth Investor, Managing Director
Maryanne MorrowCEO and Founder
9th Gear Technologies
1:10 pm - 2:10 pm Networking Lunch
1:10 pm - 2:10 pm INNOVATION MASTERCLASS- Session TBC
Hosted by 360T
Q&A INNOVATION ROUNDTABLES
2:10 pm - 4:10 pm BUY SIDE DRILL DOWN ROUNDTABLES
To ensure you are spending your time wisely and efficiently, pre-select 4 out of our 8 technology provider partners below whom you would like to meet and engage in a buy side Q&A with on the day. You will get the chance to spend 25 minutes with each in a Q&A style session with your buy side colleagues in an interactive and informative technology roundtable. In these groups, you will also be paired with either CTA’s, Asset Managers or Hedge Funds depending on the type of firm you are, enabling you to address similar challenges and ensuring you are maximizing the value of your time in every one of the 25 minutes you spend with each vendor.
Roundtable 1: Marketfactory – Market impact in electronic FX (spot, forwards, NFDs, and swaps)
Roundtable 2: BidFX – Electronification, automation and evolution of eFX in the US- As BidFX covers the full FX product spectrum (Spot, FWDs, NDFs, Swaps/NDS, Options and listed Ccy Futures), What are the crucial building blocks to enable seamless FX workflow allowing the buy side to achieve best execution across all products?
Roundtable 3: FX Connect/Currenex –A holistic view of the entire FX trade ecosystem from origination through to complete settlement: How to utilize “best execution” metrics to validate the quality of their process on a global basis.
Roundtable 4: Morgan Stanley – Catalysts for Market Structure Change across Equities, FX and Rates: Intended and Unintended Consequences of Electronic Trading
Roundtable 5: Refinitiv –The Next Frontier – FX Trader in 2023
Roundtable 6: SmartTrade –The best-kept secrets behind effective execution and revenue maximization: How are top-level players lowering their costs and increasing revenue?
Roundtable 7: SGX – A better alternative to FX Clearing- How to bridge the gap between OTC and Exchange Traded FX while overcoming global regulatory mandates, increased cost pressures and a more complex trading environment.