February 11 - 13, 2020
Eden Roc Miami Beach
44 (0) 207 036 1355
Innovation Day - Tuesday February 11th
Buy Side Only - Chatham House Rule Applied Throughout The Day * Open to a maximum of 60 buy side *
10:00 am - 11:00 am Registration & Refreshments: Bites & Bubbles – Welcome Brunch
11:00 am - 11:05 am Welcome Address
11:05 am - 11:10 am Chairperson’s Opening Remarks
10:15 am - 11:00 am Morning Mimosa Masterclass: The journey to low market impact - What are the five secret ingredients to gaining deeper insights into the impact of your trading activities?
- Trader mind-sets - How to set your desks up for success for an efficient FX execution operation?
- Pre-trade information - what are the technology and tools you need to achieve full transparency on your path to best execution
- Anonymity and information leakage - What steps can you take to minimize this?
- Last look or no last look - What standards should the buy side expect?
Franz SchmidpeterSenior Managing Director
NEW FRONTIERS FOR THE BUY SIDE DESK
11:10 am - 11:30 am From buzzwords to action - How can you apply AI and ML today to improve the customer experience, increase the efficiency and accuracy of operational workflows, and enhance performance?
- Defining AI and ML for the buy side - What does this actually mean in today’s terms and where can you implement this throughout your trading and investment processes to gain an edge?
- Minimizing transaction costs and market impact- How to implement AI and ML now on your trading desk to enhance your trade execution
- How can you ensure your AI and ML processes have the appropriate pre-trade controls and real-time ability to monitor systems?
- What controls should you apply to your automated trading processes to ensure prudent governance of your electronic trading?
Stefano PasqualiManaging Director, Head of Liquidity Research
11:30 am - 12:00 pm ALL STAR PANEL - Setting the blueprint for FX TCA: How can you practically use TCA throughout the full trade life-cycle to achieve a positive impact on trades, reduce the bottom line and gain a competitive edge?
- Beyond box ticking: How can you take pre, real-time and post trade TCA to gain a competitive edge?
- How is FX TCA becoming more sophisticated to offer you increased access to liquidity and help you meet your best execution mandates?
- Assessing new metrics in measuring TCA: Are algo’s up to scratch or are there other offerings in the market that can offer more effective analytics?
- The future of FX TCA: What are the next steps in the development of best execution analytics to meet the needs of the modern buy side desk?
Daniel LavigneHead of Trading
Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS)
Brendan McMurtrayTCA and Market Structure Analyst
Jaime LlanoDirector – Derivatives Trading
Teacher Retirement System of Texas
12:10 pm - 12:30 pm BUY SIDE ROUNDTABLES - Establishing the buy side wish list: 5 questions you should be asking to effectively evaluate new providers to ensure you are fully prepared to decide on the solutions that best meets your FX trading needs
Join your fellow buy side peers to brainstorm on the key ‘do’s and don’ts’ for the innovation day. Split into your respective CTA, asset managers and hedge fund roundtables so you get the opportunity to discuss with those facing similar challenges to your own. Come together and decide the 5 key questions challenges you would like to address with each of the technology providers you will be meeting later in the day to ensure your time is well spent and you can take actionable insights back to the desk.
12:30 pm - 12:50 pm FX FINTECH SHARK TANK - Examining the greatest and latest innovations in FX trading technology: Which offer true added value and should be considered in your future investment plans?
Back by popular demand, our ‘Shark Tank’ style innovation session returns with demo’s from pre-selected technology start-ups who will pitch their innovative tech to a panel of experts and you in the audience. The panel of experts will critique and assess their benefits to your business and their likelihood of future success. You will then have the opportunity to vote for the technology start-up you think is the most innovative and adds real value to your business. Will you find the next big thing?
Maryanne MorrowCEO and Founder
9th Gear Technologies
Jan SzilagyiCo-Founder and CEO
12:50 pm - 1:10 pm MARKET STRUCTURE KEYNOTE - The biggest market structure trends to watch out for in 2020: How will the role of people and technology evolve in 2020?
- Seperating the hype from reality - Has the electronification of FX markets plateaued?
- Transparency and data- How can you establish and prove you are really getting best execution?
- Algo execution- How are algos being evolved to offer improved execution capabilities?
- Liquidity aggregation- How are venues competing and differentiating with each other on the back of increased M&A activity alongside fragmentation?
Kevin McPartlandHead of Market Structure Research
1:10 pm - 2:10 pm Networking Lunch
1:10 pm - 2:10 pm INNOVATION MASTERCLASS- Session TBC
Hosted by 360T
Q&A INNOVATION ROUNDTABLES
2:10 pm - 4:10 pm BUY SIDE DRILL DOWN ROUNDTABLES
To ensure you are spending your time wisely and efficiently, pre-select 4 out of our 8 technology provider partners below whom you would like to meet and engage in a buy side Q&A with on the day. You will get the chance to spend 25 minutes with each in a Q&A style session with your buy side colleagues in an interactive and informative technology roundtable. In these groups, you will also be paired with either CTA’s, Asset Managers or Hedge Funds depending on the type of firm you are, enabling you to address similar challenges and ensuring you are maximizing the value of your time in every one of the 25 minutes you spend with each vendor.
Roundtable 1: Marketfactory – Market impact in electronic FX (spot, forwards, NFDs, and swaps)
Roundtable 2: BidFX – Electronification, automation and evolution of eFX in the US- As BidFX covers the full FX product spectrum (Spot, FWDs, NDFs, Swaps/NDS, Options and listed Ccy Futures), What are the crucial building blocks to enable seamless FX workflow allowing the buy side to achieve best execution across all products?
Roundtable 3: FX Connect/Currenex –A holistic view of the entire FX trade ecosystem from origination through to complete settlement: How to utilize “best execution” metrics to validate the quality of their process on a global basis.
Roundtable 4: Morgan Stanley – Catalysts for Market Structure Change across Equities, FX and Rates: Intended and Unintended Consequences of Electronic Trading
Roundtable 5: Refinitiv –The Next Frontier – FX Trader in 2023
Roundtable 6: SmartTrade –The best-kept secrets behind effective execution and revenue maximization: How are top-level players lowering their costs and increasing revenue?
Roundtable 7: SGX– Overcoming UMR challenges and capturing opportunities in the growing EM Asian FX market
4:20 pm - 5:30 pm TradeTech FX Welcome Drinks Reception hosted by Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Taco station, mojito stand and live Latino music taking place on the spa terrace
6:15 pm - 7:00 pm Main Conference Welcome Drinks - Open to all
Taking place in the Nobu Lobby Bar